With the recent outbreak of Coronavirus, identified as a respiratory disease, the Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) has been closely monitoring updates issued from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) to remain as up to date and informed on the status of this disease as possible for our travelers.
Public health experts recommend the following best practices to increase the likelihood of preventing illness:
– Washing hands frequently,
– Avoiding contact with people who are sick,
– Staying home when sick and
– Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
At CAE, we too are taking extra precautions to include:
– Increased sanitizing in the public seating areas
– Deeper and more frequent cleanings in the restrooms
– Hand sanitizing stations are available Pre- and Post-Security Checkpoint
Should you have any concerns regarding flying or the status of your flight, we encourage you to check with your airline directly. CAE will remain vigilant in following protocol, recommendations and best practices per the CDC and DHEC guidelines during this uncertain time. Should you have any questions, please send us a message via www.flycae.com.